Wind: W 8 mph Visibility: 10.0 mi
Pressure: 30.01 in
Conditions as of 8:53pm
The weather outside was fantastic today! I thought we might have a chance at 70 degrees today, but didn’t forecast it. And we got there! So while I’ll have to deal with my official forecast missing by two degrees, let’s dive into the Tri-Cities Weather Blog forecast, this time outlook first!
- Tonight-Increasing clouds with some rain showers possible late. Lows near 40.
- Thursday-A slight chance of rain early, then partly cloudy skies. High 56.
- Thursday night-Increasing clouds. Rain showers may mix with snow by morning. Low 35.
- Friday-A mix of rain and snow is possible early, otherwise clouds and rain. High 49.
- Saturday-Cloudy with rain that could be heavy at times. High 58.
- Sunday-Mostly cloudy, with rain showers likely. Rain could be heavy at times. High 66.
We start the forecast with a swiftly moving cold front that will move through tonight. There’s a chance of a few light rain showers just behind that front. Most of that should move out by sunrise, where we’ll start the daytime part of Thursday with cloudy skies. The rest of the day should be partly cloudy and dry.
Dry weather won’t last long, though, as low pressure southwest of us will push more clouds and rain back in here tomorrow night. Depending on your elevation, rain may mix with snow at times early Friday morning before changing to rain. After that, the low pressure stays close by for a while, bringing a good chance of rain for each day this weekend.
The phrase “rain may be heavy at times” is a mini-warning to be careful this weekend. If you’re near things that normally flood, be aware of that risk Friday through Sunday, especially during the weekend days. If your basement floods easily, it might be wise to move things out of the way so they don’t get wet in the coming days.
Thanks for checking here for the forecast! You can hear it each day on WHCB 91.5 FM, where we’re having Sharathon the rest of this week! Make sure you tune in by going to WHCBRadio.org if you can’t tune us in on 91.5 FM. Have a great Thursday!
Next 36 Hours
N 5 mph
E 6 mph
S 7 mph
SW 4 mph
W 4 mph
ENE 3 mph
WSW 4 mph